RE: TI-H: beta.microsoft.com

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: beta.microsoft.com

On Saturday, March 28, 1998 12:43 PM, Richard Piotter
[SMTP:richfile@prairie.lakes.com] wrote:

> friend's cousin hacked in once! Saw some sort of Win97 beta type deal.
> Actualy I think it may have been Alpha release, but I had no idea. Some
> other wierd stuff. Have you seen some sort of new organizer software on
> the beta list???

Win97 was OSR2.  It's been released for a while.  It was called Win97 on the MS
beta ftp site, but it was called OSR2 when it was released.  BTW--I'm an MS
beta tester.  It's great!  You get free software!

> Do they list the stuff, but not allow download there, or do you need to
> actualy enter a password to get in or what. I personaly hace never been
> there. (I don't feel too fond of MacroCo$t! =)

You need a beta id and password to get in, but they do list files.

Sincerely,

Bruce

--
Bruce Christensen - mailto:bruce@iname.com