Re: TI-H: PIC16C84

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: PIC16C84

I don't unerstand what you were trying to get at...here is what I know:

EEPROM          - Electronically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory
EPROM           - Electronically Programmable Read Only Memory
OTPEPROM        - One Time Programmable Electronically Programmable Read
Only Memory

I don't get why DigiKey sold OTP EEPROMS, its good taht they've correccted
that error in their catalog...  'one time programmable electronically
erasable...' hmm, doesn't sound right...  :)

>Series designator: 28xx [?], where xx is the number of kbits stored.

>Serial EEPROMs are labeled 24Cxx (8bit) or 93Cxx (16bit).
>Low voltage eproms (PLCC): 3V (or 3.3V?) are labeled 27Vxx.

The 27 series is parallel, so are the acces registers, but they are 16bit
parallel.  Data register is 8 bit...

>EPROM
>Erasable PROM. EPROMs allow the contents to be erased by exposing its builtin
>window to UV light. After this process, all memory cells contain $ff and the
>EPROM can be written once again.

But they are horrible!  It takes hours!

>Series designator: 27xx, where xx is the number of kbits stored.
>
>Here is the diffrence between EPROM and EEPROM the PIC 16C84 and PIC16F84 are
>the same chip the 16F84 has more RAM 68x8 and a greater range of supply
>current plus they can deal with greater frequencys otherwise they are about
>the same

But the 16F84 can be reprogrammed in 20 seconds, and the 16C84 in 2 or 3
hours...