Re: TI-H: SID chip

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: SID chip

>On Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:00:24 -0500 "Robert Brack" <reb@netride.com>
>writes:
>>
>>Ok, does anyone know where the SID chip is inside the C64?
>

>According to my C64 schematics, the SID is U18 on the board.  The chip
>number is 6581.  You might need to scrape all of the heat conducting
>paste off the chips if you haven't already.  It is near U19 and U6 on the
>diagram but that doesn't nessecarily mean anything, just a thought.  Post
>again if you need more help.  It is memory mapped to 0xD400-0xD7FF
>
>Matthew

Actually, it's mapped to $D400-D41C, according to this book, but it may vary
for the 8185 (later 5v version).  There are a couple of sites out there that
offer loads of information on all of the commodore chips, in case we want to
use the CPU, RAM, etc. to get the player to work.

BTW, does anyone know how to turn a file (e.g. a .SID file) into a string of
raw data?  I was thinking for the 92, but the 86 would be fine as well.

>"One World, One Web, One Program"
>     Microsoft Promotional Ad
Then why did microsoft release their own version of Java?!