RE: TI-H: RE: Color!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: RE: Color!!!

Wait though, you have to remember that the gameboy uses a multivoice
sound chip, audio amplifier, and an magnetic induction speaker (coil).
That type of speaker is not like the Piezo electric elements we use in
our calcs (which act like capacitors that vibrate with a charge). The
magnetic speaker is simply a coil of wire! My old amplified speaker cart
drained the batteries in about the time of a gameboy. That proves the
speakers take most of the draw!

Besides. If color LCDs drew so much power, then CASIO would not have the
CFX-9150 and 9100 (not sure on the numbers). The calcs are long lasting
COLOR calculators. They don't use a backlit LCD. They use the same type
of reflective LCD as found in a Sega Game Gear or even our own TI calcs!
The only difference is that each pixel has pigments that tint the
reflected light. By mixing the light like we mix black and white images
to get gray scale, you end up with full color, although somewhat pale,
however, with new super twist technology and better LCDs in general now
a days, you can expect a fairly low to medium powered small LCD that
displays vibrant color and is easy to view. I recomend, however, looking
into using the CASIO LCDs, since they already match the TI-82/83 and the
TI-85/86 screen resolutions!

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com