Re: TI-H: Speech synthesis

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Speech synthesis

The SID was a 3-voice chip.  I loved those games.  I tried to gt them at
some emulator sites, both games readily available, but I cannot get the
emulators to run right.  Man, there was some great games back then.
Better then the PC's, macs, and Amiga's of the era.    My favorite games
were Zak McCraken, Maniac Mansion, any EPYX 'olympics type' game
(especially UGH-Olumpics)  Ferrari Formuls One, any Accolade driving
game, and Top Fule Eliminator (gamestar).  I actually bought the
Commodore 64 Action Pack (Activision IBM shovelware) just to get a drag
racing sim for my PC.
*Much stuff about the C64 is still available out there, including a
webring, I have some addresses, will post soon.
~Larry C
Larry1492@juno.com
On Sun, 8 Mar 1998 08:25:31 -0800 "SMC12" <scross@san.rr.com> writes:

>Anyone here ever played "Impossible Mission" or "Space Taxi" on the
>C64?
>They have voices!  True, its not modern quality, but still, its vocal.
>
>>Everybody's been talking about MIDI and sound decoding, why not have
>a full
>>speech synthesis board?  I have a robotics book w/ a schematic for a
>>computer-based one.  The BASIC code is about 12 lines long, sending
>certain
>>lines hi/lo  I'm sure it would be VERY easy to port that to calc.  I
>would
>>need Grant's (BTW, it's not Roberta :-)  16bit I/O thingermergigger.
>This
>>would be incredibly simple!  I will post a linkport version as soon
>as I
>get
>>my book back :) and get the schematic from the 16bit
>whatergrantcallsit.
>If
>>someone knows ASM for 92 (I don't care about the other calcs :)  let
>me
>know
>>and I will tell you what to write.  Wouldn't it be cool if your calc
>mouthed
>>off to the teacher for you :---)))))

>-
>>
>>        -Robert Brack
>>
>>        -reb@netride.com
>>
>>        -www.mynamehere.com/robert

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: