Re: TI-H: Expander (Of any sort)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Expander (Of any sort)

On Sat, 7 Mar 1998, Chris Cooper wrote:

> This is jsut a question about Expanders (SF, II, III, etc.)  Something
> already may have been said, if so I must have missed it.  Ok, here goes:
> I know the expander II is just been released (very soon to be?), and
> there are SF chips available (still?). I only really want 256/512K, and
> want it internal. Can this be acheived with the SF? II? I read somewhere

It can with the SF. It is just a chip with a size similar to your average
thumbnail. A resistor and a capacitor are also needed, but they're small.
I don't know what the II includes, but it might also be possible.  I'd
like to get 50 of the 512KB chips (at $12 each) but $600 is too much to
invest in a pile of chips that I don't know I'll be able to sell. So if I
can get orders for 35 of them (at $15 each) I'll go for it. Then I'm still
covered in case I don't sell 10 of them.

> that ppl have made the SF internal.  Since I only have 1 calc. I don't
> really need portablilty, and I know others who would prefer internal as
> well.  Kind of a long message...... thanks

Again, internal isn't a problem. The most difficult part would be putting
in a switch to toggle between normal link operation and ESF. Actually, you
could probably just put a switch on the CS (chip select) line of the
memory chip, and leave the data lines for the ESF just soldered to the
link port.

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com