Re: TI-H: Major concern. Major advice. NOT a flme.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Major concern. Major advice. NOT a flme.

I'm sorry I don't see where the "this is not a flame part" has any effect
on this message.  It is sent to 200 people in order to try to get me
embarased.

>Grant, you say all these things, but I've not heard them talked about
>till a message or two ago.

What things?

>If someone says something that was posted a
>year ago, don't flame them, let them know it was tried. who knows, they
>might have a great new approach or part that would make it possible!!!

I never did this.

>That has been discussed many times, but what about how much we share!
>Some people are simply saying, I have an idea, and they start working,
>but they don't keep the list informed.

I didn't think you guys cared about things like 8bit sound cards, temp
sensors, or other junk or I would have made schematics and plans long ago.
Its harder now because I don't have access to a scanner and no one wants to
share a schematic program.

People start making assumtions,
>and then they learn they screwed up or they said something that was
>assumed true but wasn't. They don't know. They havn't been kept informed
>of the progress of the projects. People are talking about top secret
>projects and stuff.

It was a joke!  If I said I was making a top secreat radio link, is it top
secreat?  No!  From now on I will post a message daily of my progress in
all projects and a form that you can fill out asking for priority on a
certian device...

>THIS IS OK!!! If you have a project, and don't want
>people to know utill/unless you finnish, You're actualy doing us a favor
>by keeping us from worring about when it will be done. The problem is
>that some people are saying they will do something, even be close to
>finnished, but then quit and leave everyone on the list leaning over an
>unfinnished idea.

Thats why I *WONT* comment on the EIII, which will basically have a
motherboard.  So it depends on what you put in to which features it has...

Some people may get angry and others might feel
>rejected. Mel did this. Grant has been diligent, and kept with it, even
>though we've chewed him out so many times that he should have left us to
>fend for ourselves. He doesn't deserve it, but there is one bad habit,
>which he and a few others may have and it is causing some problems.

Richard, I've been trying harder to get this EII done.  The problem is I
have too much free time and energy to just sit and wait for bryan.  I do
projects in my spare time.  Once the EII comes out, a [colorful word]load
of stuff will come out.

You say you're doing something, and then don't update on your
>progress. Maybe a few things here or there about when drivers will be
>done.

I'm looking for people who wanted the driver.  I made an attempt to give
the drivers out, but the server didn't like my off topic message...  If you
want a digital picture of the laptop that I had the driver on, I will take
one.  If you want a pciture of the EII, I will take one...  I'm not blowing
*&it!

You never mentioned the EII having this bank switching or whatever
>you're talking about.

I mentioned it back in november.  Then never again talked about it.

You never mentioned backup abilities, you never
>mentioned anything other than it was going to be ready soon.

It doesn't have backup.  THe EIII does.  I did say it was going to be ready
soon, which it is.

Most people
>have something called a feature list. It's a list of descriptions of all
>the features. Have you ever heard of this???

Most people have something called a tollerance level, of which mine is too
high right now.

You don't let people know
>what's going on with the project, so no one knows what to expect.

I gave one to ti-basic and it was updated.

Many
>people, my self included, probably assumed it was an EuP running on an
>AVR rather than a PIC.

It is.  I simpily said if you wish to make carts that were going to be
compatible with the EIII to wait a day.  Since I don't have a schematic
program, who knows how log it will take?  I can finish it soon if I wish.

I will have the cart plans by the end of the day.

No one ever said how different it would be. You
>talk about wasting your time! I've wasted hours trying to come up with
>ideas for the SPinTerface version of the EII. I sent countless messages
>about the MMODs and stuff. You merely said "It woas not compatible",
>rather than actualy SAYING WHY it was incompatible!!!

Yes.  I know I waste your time.  In fact the 898 hours and 37 minutes (yes
I keep track) is how much time I've wasted doing the EII.  I tried to say
before, and I will say again.  They won't be compatible because of SRAM
notification and complex bank switching.  none of which would be hard to
add since the cart is the only thing taht needs to be modified.

>Why do you waste MY time.

I thought it was the other way around.

>I'm glad all these features are here, but you
>never explaind WHY it was different, WHAT was different. I and many
>other have asked about the EII, but you simply replied with, so and so
>percent complete, HD crashed, no problem, short delay.

I will say a big WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to anwser close to 80 msgs a day about the E series!  I don't have
time to explain it 200 times a week.  If you wanted a feature list, you
could have asked!  I didn't know you werent on ti-basic.

I will take a picture of the place where my HD used to be and show you taht
I have less than 200k free on all of my hard drives.  I can't live without
this other hard drive.  I could have released the driver this morning, but
I will have to wait so I can re-compile a new version.

I love your ideas on why the driver was delayed.  It amuses me that you get
mad at me for continuing the devolpement of the 85 driver, and never at
mel.  I have put countless hours of time and effort on this stupid thing
that I will eventually release.  I didn't know by working on the E series
that it would end like this.  (I started on October 23rd)

You never told us
>it was majorly different from the EuP.

I never told you becuase it isn't.  THats the trueth.

Now I'm stuck with useless
>designs and have to start over. Personaly, I'd love it if Bryan would
>release the PIC code and I could start producing SIMPLE BASIC EuPs. At
>least my designs would work then.

Bryan won't even give me the PIC code.  Only the AVR code, and he is
protective over that.  You don't hve to worry, I am making the next
gemeration basic EIII.  It is so cool.  Btw, ask for a feature list, don't
get mad at me for never posting one.

>You have the problem of not letting your prospective customers know what
>they're buying. I realize that all this stuff is very good, way better
>than the EuP was, but you could have SAID something!!!

I try.  I realy do.

>I want you to continue your work! I'm glad that someone has the brains
>to do it, and isn't going to leave us with nothing after countless
>promises. I see you as a better hobbyist than Mel Tsai ever was, simply
>because you're sticking with it. You have a hard position to fill.
>People are VERY IMPATIENTLY waiting for the EII.

I have to say that I almost started to cry after reading all of these
messages.  It hurts my feelings that people would even think I would post
lies, or vaporware.  I do have better things to do than do that, and if I
were to do that  I would do it on a NG where people don't know my identity.

>order of blanks (or whatever you call them).

I've got 16 left to be reserved...what happened to your order?

>Please take my advice. I want the EII and the EIII to grow into AWESOME
>expanders, but you can't do that unless you inform us on what they do
>exactly!

I'm sorry.  The only thing I am is over protective.  I take after bryan.  I
hate it when people try to copy, use, or other wise use my work like they
did it...