Re: TI-H: New calc design

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: New calc design

Hmm. Well, I have seen public commented source code (for decoding, at least)
available, and it seems to be respectably legal. How did you learn of the $150
book being the only legal way?

Oh, and BTW, I found something else on the Web.. Apparently, someone developed
a decoder-on-a-chip for MP3, the MAS3503C. Dunno what kind of cost it would
be, but it would seem to be just the thing for Mel's work. Maybe you guys
already found that, though. :)

Here's the addy of the FAQ I got this from:
  http://153.96.172.2/departs/amm/layer3/sw/index.html

> That won't work.  Mel and I already tried it.  The only way to do it is to
> reprogram the code.  Commented Source code for mp3 de/coding is illegal.
> You have to buy the $150 book.  There is no way arround it.  Then go to
> college, then try it...

Justin Pope              |  Frontier-II Director  |        //  Long live
jupo@ou.edu              | Amiga, TI-81/85, MUSE/ |     _ //      -=-
www.galstar.com/~jupo    |  MUSH/MUX Programming  |     \x/    the AMIGA