TI-H: new case design: Text

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: new case design: Text

( UUE encoded files followin next messages)
Be sure to turn word wrap on now.

The Ti LE project case (right & left hand models, for a lefty, just
mirror these drawings).
by:	Larry C
		Larry1492juno.com

All files also available in CorelDRAW 6.0 format.
This box is about .8" wider and .8" thicker than a Ti-82.  I am not
positive about the actual dimensions, since this was all worked up on
paper as I do not own all of these parts.
Three sets of drawings are included (all drawings were lifesize as of the
time of exporting them):
Views showing the gist of the box
Views showing the internal arrangement of parts
Views showing the externals of the box.

Drawing #1
This illustrates where the top half of your calculator will be placed in
the new box.  The grey is the project box, while the white is where the
innards of the old calc will be placed.

Drawing #2
This is where all internal addons will be placed.  They are:
AA batteries, 9v for keyboard LED's, 2.5 & 3.5mm jacks, sunk dip switch
panel, ir/rf/rc eye panel, 4 leds to illuminate the keypanel, Richard's
(loud) speaker with volume control, On & Link active LED's, RJ-11 port
for link cable, link cable storage/spinterface slot.
Notes:  I have decided against putting Parallel link components into the
calc, as this would interfere with the normal link operations.  The link
cable would have 1 normal 2.5mm end, and the other is a RJ-11.  Four leds
should light up the keypanel, but is untested.  In the speaker area,
electronics used in the ir/rf... links can be put here.  The area between
batteries and speaker can be used for Spinterface cartridges or link
cable storage.  The actual dimensions are untested, but should be pretty
close to this here.  As stated previously, I believe there should be a
better 8x case, this one, and then the best 'or fantasy' case with all
the extravagancies, i.e. the DBA, joystick...

Drawing #3
This is what it looks like externally.  If you don't see well, cut it out
and assemble it.  I am trying to use Ray Dream (Corel Dream) to make a 3D
model.

Questions, comments, want files in .CDR format, Larry1492@juno.com  (UUE
files only though.)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]