RE: TI-H: Memory expansion

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Memory expansion

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Christopher Kalos wrote: (regarding NM29A040 chips)

> can we buy these legitimately from some place?  I just want the chips.
> Maybe 10 or 20...  maybe a lot more (Maybe for my pocket computer/calc,
> but that just wouldn't be fair, would it?).  Actually, I'd like to have
> a few of them, there's a lot of people I know dying for an expander.

First, thanks goes to Dave Goncalves for finding these. Master Resources
(www.mastersupply.com) has them. I'd like to get some of the 512kB chips,
but the lowest quantity I could talk the rep into was 50 at about $13
each, but that multiplies to $650. I don't feel comfortable investing that
much in a pile of chips that I don't know for certain I'll be able to
resell. I would need to get orders for about 35 of them prepaid before I
would be willing to buy 50 and distribute them in smaller quantities.

Consider that an invitation.. if anybody wants one or more Expander SF
units (or just the 512kB chip to do whatever with) then please contact me,
but please NOT through the list.. reply to me directly. In the event that
the chips are no longer available or that I do not receive enough orders,
I would return all payments to their respective senders.

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com