Re: TI-H: Cases READ!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Cases READ!

>you will scare off buyrs if you have too much junk. start with
something
>simpl3e and you will sell alot of them, then maybee go for something
>more complicated.
>i want a clone... but maybee with slightly larger dimensins, you are
>takeing it a step to far when you make them with all the extra
hardware.
>i dont want to lug something around that is any more than half an inch
>bigger either direction.

I have the perfect solution!!!

Look!
 ________________
/    |/ ________ \   Speaker hole
| O  |||        ||
| _  |||        ||
|/ \ |||________||   Volume
|\_/ ||[][][][][]|
| [] ||[][][][][]|   EL
| [] ||[][][][][]|   Turbo
| [] ||[][][][][]|   Other switches as needed
||--|||[][][][][]|
||__|||[][][][][]|   EII MMOD port
\____|\__________/

Plugs on bottom, top and sides

This metod is a LOT smaller, and only cuts out stereo and joystick
options. Also, It couldn't be too dificult to have a clip on joystick
and the plug on the side??? Who knows. Also, all the switches can be
punchouts, where the plastic is thinner on the bottom, so you can remove
it easily. Also, I think I could possibly try to make a mold. I can't
guarantee I can, but if I can, we could save a LOT of money!!! Also,
there is a guy in my own town with an injection molding machine. I just
need to get his name and see if I could buy, rent, or pay him to use the
machine!

I think this idea is better. The one with both rows was akward to hold.
Two rows means you can barely reach the center row of keys. Both hands
need to reach for comfort. I also seem to have some good curves down,
but the hard part is the tabs for the front of the original calc case to
snap onto.

Those things can be corected or changed when the mold is designed.

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com