Re: TI-H: GREAT plastic case!!! LOOK!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: GREAT plastic case!!! LOOK!

>no you dont understand.... the cover still wont slide on beacause you
>need the other half of the groove. if you just use the top then the
>botom must have a vertical lip with the other half of the groove.
>although i do like your idea of haveing the front recessed into the
>case... but like this:

Actualy it will! The front mold will be molded from the back cover of
the original case. This means the grove IS on the front mold. I would
however, personaly prefer a whole new sliding cover that goes on the
whole thing. Remember, the EL switch and anything else would be exposed
with the original cover, so if it got bumped, your batteries could be
drained overnight!

I have my second revision of my version of the case about 40% drawn. It
will have a cover that goes over the whole thing, turbo, built in EII,
stereo sound, etc. I'll wait to make a final version till grant
finnishes his AVR and I get an EL and inverter. I was going to include
variable capacitor option, to allow an EL backlight dimmer, but I think
it is too much hassle. I did find a good volume control for the sound.
I'm also wondering if an extra large, and a plain old large case could
be done. The plain old large case would have one speaker, volume, turbo,
Expander, EL and space for all the connectors. An IR or antena could be
added to the top for a future IR or Radio link. The Extra large case
could have stereo speakers, joystick, and all those other things. The
smaller one would have an "extension" on just the left. THe full size
would have extentions on both sides of the calc.

What do you think???

Also, it turns out, a friend of one of the guys at my local computer
store already OWNs an injection molding machine. If the guy at the store
tells me his name, i may be able to have him do the work real cheap, or
even buy the machine off of him!!!

I've also done plaster molding myself, so I may be able to make a
possible "prototype case", maybe even the final production molds!!! I
already came up with 3 possible case syles, with subtle diferences, that
all could be molded.

>        Link  Recesed for cover to slide into
>            |    |
>>           |    V  ,---------Top of old case would be
>> ___  _____V______/ ___      lowered with slot for cover.
>>/___||_____o______||___\ <---Top section of new case
>>\______________________/ <---Bottom section of new case
>
>see how i changed it?
>
>i cant show you the lip part but maybee you understand...

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

The Richfiles TI Page
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html