Re: TI-H: IR detecter

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IR detecter

>Definitely.  Either an 82 or 92.  I will soon know 82asm so this would be
>the best.  I am planning on using it with a slotcar track for test times.
> Will it work in a lit room, over a distance of about 5"?

Easily, mine worked over about 3 feet, without lenses, in a fairly well
lit room.  Bright light can trip the detector though, the detector should
be housed in a dark tube, to make it more directional and cut any incident
light.

>What parts do I need?

Depends on how you want to do it.  The simplest scheme would use
an IR LED, resistor and battery as the transmitter, and the IR transistor
connected to the link port.  I'm not sure exactly how the link port works
in this case, you will probably need a few components to trigger it.  The
IR transistor will be conducting normally (think of it as a normally closed
switch).  When the beam from the transmitter is interrupted, the transistor
will stop conducting.

If the cars are going to fast, you might have to use a few more components
to hold the output triggered for longer, so the calc can detected it.  That
is
where I used the 555 chip.

>Are the scematics posted somewhere?

Not that I am aware of, but if someone can tell me how to trigger the link
port, I can draw and send them.

DK