Re: TI-H: IR detecter

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IR detecter

In this case, the beam went across the sidewalk in front of my house.
When tripped, the relay turned on the porch light.
Modifying this for slot car racing would not be difficult, and may or may
not require a delay, depending on how fast the cars are going, and how
often the calc checks the state of the port (assuming its polling, and not
interrupt driven).
A car moving at about 5 ft/sec (pretty fast) would interrupt the beam for
about 35ms.  Can the calc reliably detect that short of a change in the
link port?

DK