RE: TI-H: New Cases

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: New Cases

Well, I've resubscribed recently as well...  and this has really gone a bit too far, so here's one of my old proposals redone.
Get the TI-86 ROM dump, and break down each and every single routine available for the system.  Rewrite it for a more powerful CPU with an FPU on it.  Connect a 4-color LCD (Richard's idea), 1MB of RAM, the same key layout as the 86, and have it emulate the 86 in assembly mode.  Keep Bill Nagel's ASE in Flash ROM, use those lithium flatcell batteries (or maybe some other more useful system), the stereo audio built in, an IR link, the 3.5 link so you can also use headphones, a parallel/serial/SPin port, and VGA out.
Let's see, what else... oh, a connector for a 3/4 size QWERTY keyboard, a glidepad w/ handwriting recognition, EL backlight, and maybe even cover part of it with a solar panel to add some extra juice.  I was also thinking about full blown WAV output, and maybe even PCMCIA support.  Of course, this means that it's a TI-clone that's seriously souped up, and will most likely have a 48-hour battery life with all of these accessories.

And by the way, I really mean most of this.  I'm not a total crackpot yet.
As for the social life comments running around, I have my small (30+) group of friends, I spend little time at home, spend a great deal of my time in extracurriculars, with my gf, and god knows what else.  There is a way to do all of this, it just requires the ability to avoid sleep.
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@stuytech.com
Executive Director/Administrator
VirtuTech Developer's Group