Re: TI-H: New Cases

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: New Cases

>I just subscribed (again, for the second time :-) and I've been following
>the posts about the new case idea on ticalc.org.  I'm confused.

:)

Grant, were
>you going to build something (I thought maybe a chip or something) into the
>case, or would that be done separetly, by us?  And what will the dimensions
>be?  Not too big, obviously.

If robert wants, I can get a fab company to build a 512k EII, IR link,
keyboard, and all of the stuff I said before.  The cost os $20 for 100.
The only catch is taht you have to buy at least 100 at a time so there has
to be 100 people willing to buy it...

>    I like this idea of the "piggy back" design, where you use the front
>cover from the old calc.  Are the 83 and 86 the same size, and the 82 and 85
>the same size?  I would think it would be the other way around.

The 83/86 and 82/85 are the same.  You're right...

>    What are the features?  So far, I've gathered that they are:
>Stereo speakers (w/ volume)
>IR Link
>parallel port
>serial port
>EII
You forgot:

Mini keyboard
mouse...

I have a working (kinda) prototype of this.  Infaread is cool...  It will
plug into modified keyboards...  When using parallel/serial devices you
plug in a high density plug.  Its a special plug since having 2 25pin plugs
would have no purpose...