Re: TI-H: nifty idea...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: nifty idea...

I am not entirely familiar with vaccuum forming windows, but you take
something (clay, wood...) and make a mold of the object that you wish to
form.  (The mold looks the same as the object)  You heat up the sheet of
plastic to a point where it is no longer stiff, but more like tissue
paper in rigidity.  While hot, you wrap this plastic around the object
mold you made.  I believe vou can do this in an oven, I am not sure how
to do the vaccuum part.  When I make slot car bodies, I have a wooden
buck of the chassi, heat the sheet of plastic with a personal space
heater (1600w?) then rub it down over the wooden buck.
~Larry C
Larry1492@juno.com