Re: TI-H: EL Panel

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Panel

>I wish it were blue or blue green, but white should do. Can you buy the
>kit in blue or blue green???

Yep, if you order 7, you can get them in blue,
blue-green, or white.

>I need 7 to do all my TI-8x calcs and since
>you say the kit does 7, that'll be perfect!
>I might buy one just to test it out, before I spend over a hundred on
>all my calcs!

I put you down for 1 complete kit in white.

>One question, how do the cut ELs connect. Are the leads simply a kind of
>snap on thing, or does the EL panel have just one set to make one
>conection? Also, how is the conetion made. Is it a wire on each side or
>what? Personaly, I think you should cut a piece out and try it with the
>included inverter, just to see how it runs.

The final panels each have a factory-installed
connector.  The lamp is constructed the same
as a capacitor, with barium titaniate as the
dielectric, the phosphor makes one plate, and
a conductive film makes the other.  The connecters
are embedded into the two conductive layers.
Probably you could attach leads to scrap pieces
of the lamp, but only if you have very steady
hands!
The two terminals of the connector are a few
mm's apart.

>Where did you get your inverter, and does the place have a minumum
>order. Does the chip require any support components what's the physical
>dimentions and pin layout. What's the part number???

The inverters are from the same company that
sells the lamp.  The have lots of different
options, I chose the smallest one.  It uses
an external cap and inductor to set the voltage
and frequency (it comes with a cap and induc.).
The chips are 5mm x 8mm x 5mm, and have 4 pins,
set up for PCB (0.1 inch separation (or 2.54mm)).
They didn't give me a part number, just a description.
I'll see if they have a part number.
AFAIK, no minimum order.