Re: TI-H: Advanced Link port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Advanced Link port

>Does this hook up directly on the bus?

Nope.  Link port.  It is surprizingly<sp> fast!

Is is parallel data?

Well, 8 lines, yes.  You could think of it as a byte in parallel, or 8
serial lines...  :)  Or a word in Z80 ASM for the 16bit...

If so, what is
>keeping us from using an advanced addressing system to have 256 data inputs,
>and 256 data outputs?

I will have instructions to build up to 256 lines.  because of the way it
works, you could have, in theory (I'm not testing it), 65536 data lines...
:D

Then, with enough ASM, enough memory, and enough time
>:) we could build a calculator-controlled robot!

Each 8 lines cost about $.55.

Save $300 or so bucks on
>an onboard computer!

Sure.  Just duct dape it...

Have mainly hardware control, but let the calculator
>control movementd.  You could even have a hardware-based voice recognition
>system, using a comparator, some kind of voice library, and then input it
>into the calc.  The calc could then in turn say, "Since he said go left, I
>should turn this motor x% to the right, and turn these motors on".  Or
>something like that.  I've been working on a robot ever since I got this
>really cool book.  I was going to put a computer on it, but this would be
>much simpler and cheaper.  I also didn't want to spend money on C++ and
>training books (which I would never read).

You could do that...  Don't expect the thing to run though, or it might
fall.  Remember its a 6MHz 8080 and could fall!

Who says calculators are just
>for math!
my mom...  :)