Re: TI-H: I2C LCD module with MBus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: I2C LCD module with MBus

But there's something about the 83/86 that makes them "superior" in
linking because an 82p can go to an 83, but an 83p can't go to an 82
(unsure about lists/vars.)  Could the 83 be accepting data with more
tolerance for error, yet be a faster linker?  Also, remember that the
83/86/92 have the silent linking with the ti-graphlink program.  (It took
us a while to figure out why the 83 wouldn't link to the camputer, the
link program of ti's takes control)  hope these help.
~Larry C
Larry1492@juno.com
ASM-82 student.  (I can use any information at all)

On 28 Feb 1998 17:27:08 -0000 "Osma Suominen" <ozone@clinet.fi> writes:

>Jon Olson wrote:
>
>> According to ticalc.org, the 82 uses a 6 Mhz Z80 just like the rest
>of them.
>> The same is true for the 83. I'm not clear on how standard linking
>works on
>> any of the calcs, but could the speed diff have something to do with
>the
>> fact that 82 and 83 can link to each other, and 85 and 86 can link
>to each
>> other, but 82 and 83 can't link to 85 and 86?
>
>OK so I was wrong with the 4 MHz, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing
>to do
>with the fact that some of the 8x's can link with each other. That has
>do with the TI protocol variable transfers in the TI operating system,
>not
>with direct assembly language link port control.
>
>-Ozone
>
>--
>*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
>***

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]