Re: TI-H: The TI LCD (was TI-Glow)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: The TI LCD (was TI-Glow)

From: Josh Phillips <jalbenphillips@hotmail.com>
>Richard Piotter wrote:
>
>> A lot of people dis EL cause it isn't as bright when it's off. It
ISN'T that
>> bad!!! I love EL!!! It's the best thing ever. If you realy are
concerned with
>> it, then use a difraction grating or such as a translucent
reflector.

>On the subject, what exactly can be done with the LCD?  You'll have
to excuse me,
>being new to the list and probably beating a dead horse... :-)  But
I've read
>about people removing/replacing various filters for better clarity,
etc.  I'm
>wondering basically what things have been done to increase visibilty
and such.

Depending on your calculator, you may want to replace the plastic
screen over
the LCD (the one with the TI logo).  Some are very hazy, some are not
so hazy.
Do NOT remove the polarizing film on the front of the LCD!  It is
somewhat green,
but if you take it off, you will not be able to see the LCD at all!
(I know, I tried it).

DK