TI-H: robotics (was TI-H: RE: cool)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: robotics (was TI-H: RE: cool)

This is getting way off topic, but I may as well jump in...
First of all mondotronics has an awesome website...
http://www.robotstore.com/

Second of all, I think a calculator would make a pretty miserable
controller. There is no reason to use a something like an E2 chip
to expand 2 I/O lines into 15 or whatever. The calculator was engineered
for highschool math... not a robotics controller. It's very poorly
suited for anything that needs fast and lots of I/O. You'd be much
better off leaving your $90 calc in your backpack and picking up
a $12 AT90S8515 or even a 68HC11 chip and doing it yourself. You'll
learn more, and the thing will work much better.

Remember, don't tie your shoes with 2" thick steel airplane control
surface
cable. :)

Bryan

--