Re: TI-H: TI-Glow

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-Glow

I had a friend who installed their own EL on an 83, and to make it work
they built their own inverter and attached an external battery source.
Trouble is that external battery was huge (4in*4in*6in).  Can an inverter
be mounted internally, and if it can, would it drain the batteries quick?

>I did an internal TI-glow type device. it used 6 LEDs,
>lit the whole screen(though the bottom was WAY brighter
>than the top) but it did work. It was unfortunatley
>power hungry and less clear than the EL is.
>
>A lot of people dis EL cause it isn't as bright when
>it's off. It ISN'T that bad!!! I love EL!!! It's the
>best thing ever. If you realy are concerned with it,
>then use a difraction grating or such as a translucent
>reflector.
>
>Remember though, with an external light, you have to
>worry about glare.
>--
>

>Richard Piotter
>richfile@prairie.lakes.com
>
>The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]