Re: TI-H: TI-Glow

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-Glow

KrazyJolt@aol.com wrote:

> I have an idea! how about cutting the top part off of the protector case and
> then cutting a hole big enough to see the LCD through.. on the edges will be
> the LEDS.. just a pointless thought

Couldn't the LEDs fit in the space between the LCD and the clear plastic shield on
the front?  There seems to be some room at the bottom of the LCD, since it's
angled within the case.

I had also considered putting lights under the LCD, so thet they shine up into it,
but on second analysis there didn't look like there was enough room.  I don't like
the idea of lights outside the case, it makes the whole calculator more unwieldy.

Meanwhile, I've seen the electroluminescent film thingy, and it looks like a
brilliant idea, but does it reduce visibility a lot since it's not so reflective
while it's not on?  I'd like to try installing one, but if I can't see the screen
when the light's off I'm not going to do it.  Also, it's just my lack of knowledge
of such technical things, but what is the purpose of the inverter with the e.l.
film thingy?

JOSH.

--
JOSH. Phillips             | "You know, at certain times we all look

Josh's Homepage: http://www3.sympatico.ca/susan.phillips1/josh/

Follow-Ups: References: