TI-H: EII questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: EII questions

One important question...

Ok, if people are talking about leaving the EII plugged in to the link port
all the time, won't it not only cause a problem w/ the processor slowing to
a crawl, or temporarialy freezing (until it is removed, as has been
demostrated on several occasions w/ link port hardware items other than from
TI)?  But also is it going to be like the original ESF in which, it is a box
and a cable w/ a plug?  If so, won't this be irritating to leaved plugged in
24/7?  Someone ought to design it be flush w/ the entire bottom of the calc,
so it would be just as thick, or thinner than the calc itself,  I did a
little ASCII artwork to help picture my idea:

 ______________
|2+2           |
|             4|
|          Done|
|              |
|______________|
|F1 F2 F3 F4 F5|
|2ND       UP  |
|ALP     <-  ->|
|         DOWN |
|              |
|   7 8 9      |
|   4 5 6      |
|   1 2 3      |
|ON 0 . _ ENTER|
|______________|

Ok, there's an existing calculator, let's say the EII should look like this
on the bottom:

|~~~4 5 6~~~~~~|
|   1 2 3      |
|ON 0 . _ ENTER|
|______________|
|Here's the EII|
|______________|

See how the EII is flush w/ the bottom of the calc, and isn't in the way of
work?  And there's no box on a chord hanging down.  This way, it could be
left on, and if it looks good enough, glued on I suppose.  And, it isn't in
the way of the cover.  It will probably just add about an inch or so to the
overall length.  Of course, it will either be plugged into the link port
anyway, but a firmly mounted plug so it won't fall back and forth, not one
that moves, or wired directly through the bottom, even allowing once again
for it to be powered by the calculators batteries.And if you can't read my
ASCII drawing, try copying and pasting it into Notepad in Windows.  I think
I did a right nice job myself.