Re: TI-H: New EII!!! Subcontracting to build them

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: New EII!!! Subcontracting to build them

Well, Mel told me that the PIC was dead and I didn't listen.
For the EII I actually listened :-) The PIC is a nice chip
and the EuP works flawlessly, whereas I'm having a few
problems with the AVRs, but its very clear which is the superior
chip.

I'd love to take a look at that PCB auto-router. The only
thing I still do by hand is PCB design! All of the PCB programs
I've found either don't have the pad layouts for the stuff I need
(I've found ONE program with a 32 pin PLCC pad design) or cost
something totally ludicrous. http://www.easypcb.com/ has a decent
design program (no autorouter though, and only a few parts layouts)
but they charge way too much to setup a board. I found a place from
an ad in Nuts and Volts (great mag BTW, http://www.nutsvolts.com)
that will do a 4x6" single sided board for around $17, plus various
other $8 or so charges for converting your artwork. I can probably
fit five EII boards into that kind of space so it seems the PCBs
will be VERY cheap (Way under $8, which is extremely cheap for a
run of ~five). Anyway, send that PCB program my way (if its for the
PC).

Have fun with your robo... robotics is an awesome hobby. I'm working
on a Power Wheels-based robot over the summer, with its own three
gallon water supply and dual car windshield wiper motors. The idea is to
hunt people down and soak the living shit out of them :) I'm gonna
let it lose on our senior quad next year to hunt down trespassing
underclassmen. On second thought, maybe I should fill it with 18M
HNO3 instead of water :)

Bryan

--
Bryan Rittmeyer