Re: Re(2): TI-H: Fun-tography Ability????? (fwd)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(2): TI-H: Fun-tography Ability????? (fwd)

I already said i'm writing the driver, and i've gotten a start on it
already. It's a fairly simple process. I've designed a nice file system
already, it supports directories, etc. I figured i'd put in support for
every type of variable, since it's fairly easy to do (just includding a
byte (yes, a whole byte...you poeple shouldn't care, you'll never fill up
a 540 meg HD with TI stuff) for the var type). i'm coding the driver for
UsGard at the moment, but when i'm done i might make a simpler version for
ZShell (this one works as a TSR tha can write the calc's entire memory
state to the HD, and read it back out. Yes, this will work because UsGard
is ALWAYS in the same location, and no you can't just goto the receive
thing and get a backup because the AVR isn't programmed to support
backups). Oh, and Grant...if you could scan/mail some schematics to me (if
you have them). I'd appriciate it. I'd like to build one of these things
to play around with (will you send the firmware too?) Alright, well, my
longwindedness has again, come to a close

-- Jon Olson

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Kent Lofley wrote:

> So is there an IDE device for my TI85.  If so I would love to build one
> and I could maybe write a driver.
> Kent
>

> morph- wrote:
> >
> > Ah, i see...we're talking about completely different things. :> I can do
> > the keyboard too, but my orringal comment was about the IDE hard disk
> > which you said you has designed, but no one was willing to write a driver
> > for it. I'd be glad to write a driver (and have plent of HD's lying around
> > to do so)...anyway, i can do both the HD and Keyboard if ya like. I've got
> > 3 months of summer to kill.
> >
> > -- Jon Olson
> >
> > On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Grant Stockly wrote:
> >

> > > okay cool...  You make the protocall.  The AVR dumps out a standard ASCII
> > > key for each key pressed.  For the final firmware, there will be a dip
> > > switch for 8x and 92/89 mode.
> > >
> > > Grant

Follow-Ups: References: