Re: TI-H: backlight question.. (everyone, read it)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: backlight question.. (everyone, read it)

From: KrazyJolt@aol.com <KrazyJolt@aol.com>
>okay, i need to find a way to attach the backup battery so i can test
for
>spots that might be on (constantly) when the calc is on.

Why the backup battery ?  I think you will need to hook up the main
battery in order to do the testing.

> I was just
>suggesting that you could use a relay and have the inverter get the
power
>straight from the batteries when the spot is on.. (so as not to pull
too much
>energy from the spot that i will find)

That is what we were suggesting the transistor for.

Actually, a solution that will work well and I will be trying soon is
get an optoisolator and install it such that the battery power must
run
through the led side.  Then connect the invert to the battery through
the
other side.  As long as the optoisolator can handle about 30mA or
so that the calc draws, and will fully saturate at about 5ma, it will
work great.

DK