Re: Re(2): Re(2): TI-H: MP3s

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(2): Re(2): TI-H: MP3s

>From: Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>
>>Tell them to either get a new sound card or something like that.
>MP3s
>>sound horrible unless you buy a specialized DAC card.  NOT a Sound
>blaster
>>or something liek that...
>

>Perhaps thats the problem, what kind of card is good?

Opps...  Make your own?  :)  I just slapped a $80 DSP and DAC on an ISA
proto board and hacked it enough to play a bitstream.  I found source to an
MP3 decoder and redirected the bitstream to my junky card...  Its not so
junky quality though!

I'm waiting for my 18band equalizer and audio attenuator <major sp> from
national semiconductor.  I will tell everyone when the main MP3 card is
done.

I'm working on a deticated processor (probably StrongARM) to do all of the
MP3 decoding and sound output...

The reason I have Mp3s is because I don't own an "Audio CD" player.  Just a
4x player.  And i need something to waste my time trying to get to work.
:)

Ever tried WinAMP on a 486 33?  :)  I know.  I'm crazy.  :)