Re: TI-H: backlight question.. (everyone, read it)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: backlight question.. (everyone, read it)

>  >I'm in the middle of installing my EL into my calc.. suddenly i
>  realized that
>  >i don't really want to mess up the happy black case to install a
>  switch.  Then
>  >I remembered a suggestion to use a multimeter and find a spot that
>  has 6v+
>  >only when the calc is on.
>
>  I've been meaning to do this for a while, but haven't gotten around to
>  it yet.
>
>  > I would do that except for one pissy little
>  >problem:  i can't figure out a good way to NON-PERMANENTLY attach the
>  battery
>  >to bother the spring and that little square patch of metal...
>

>  You mean just to power the calculator while you poke around to try to
>  find
>  a good location??  If so, that is pretty easy, get some 'gator clips,
>  you can
>  get a package of about 10 at Radio Shack for a few dollars.  Install
>  the
>  batteries into the battery case (while removed from the calc).  Place
>  a couple
>  of pieces of wire or metal (delaminated transformer cores work great!)
>  into
>  the battery case where the wires from the main board would have gone
>  if
>  the case were put together.  Then just run you 'gator clips from the
>  main board
>  over to the battery case.
>
>  Alternately, you can use a wall power supply with the wires stripped,
>  or
>  any 6v supply.
>
>  When you find a place for the signal, I would recommend running the
>  base
>  of a transistor from it, rather than attempting to run the inverter
>  directly, as
>  the inverter may draw more current than the circuit you use is
>  designed for.
>
>  DK

whoops! i didn't make myself clear... i meant the backup battery...
about the spot to pull 6v+: you could use a relay so if the spot is on then it
gets power from the batterys

(i've been having finals so i'm really out of it right now)    :-P

-dave

                                           |WW|
                                           ()()
                                           (_