Re: TI-H: EII Idea...Paged Programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EII Idea...Paged Programs

I'd like to see a BASIC compiler as well with support for creating paged
programs and possibly even generating code for things like buttons and
graphics. Any mac users ever use hypercard? Something like that, but a more
BASIC like programing language. You could do total BASIC, or create the
graphic elements and use the BASIC to "play" with them!!!

Some games I'd love to see done is DOOM (imagine the whole GAME on an EII MMOD!)

I'd like to see a TRUE Mario brothers port (1, 2, 3, or mario land 1 or 2. I
don't care). A very interesting thing would be a fully graphical RPG. I'd love
to see a 3D Mario look alike or a 3D RPG (like Mario 64 or Quest 64 for the
Nintendo 64).

I'm sure the TI-92 could pull off some fancy 3D algorythms. The TI-85 Ain't
bad either when you turbo it! half screen, full height with a health, ammo bar
on the side running turbo an 4 levels of grayscale is very fast on the TI-85!
Like I said, it needs turbo (the Expander linking problems NEED to be fixed
before paged programs will work, cause many will REQUIRE turbo for smooth
motion (like Daedalus does, except imagine being able to have 100 levels and
you go from one to another and it loads the required level from the expander.
All you need is the basic main program that loads the files and does the
graphics and interface and such.

I'll also say again. The MMOD needs to be built into the EII. It should be
standard!!! I sure don't want to have to pop PLCC chips in and out to swithch
my memory!

I have another idea though.

It won't require ANY modification to the board either!!!

Are there PGA (pin grid array sockets that have the same dimentions as the
pins on the PLCC sockets pins??? if so, you could solder the PGA socket into
the board and then you clip off the PLCC socket pins, except the outer border
(for stability) and the required pins. The memory chip plugs into the PLCC
socket permanently, and the PLCC socket then plugs into the PGA socket???

If a PGA socket that size can't be found, then maybe two pairs of Female
headers (like my SPinTerface port) can be used and the iun used pins can be
cut off the PLCC socket. The pins need to be rigid though for it to work.

Another option is to solder the PLCC socket to tmale headers, which plug into
the female heaers.

that's getting close to the original 8 pin MMOD design as it was originaly.

the socket idea allows any board to be expandible though.

imgine plugging a whole memory chip into the calc and all that's on it is one
massive RPG, or pop another and you have all the Mario levels, or another
would have DOOM II!!!

Sound interesting???

I emphasize that we will NEED the memory ship to be able to swap easily
without disassembling the EII or bothering with pesky PLCC socketed chips! You
ever try removing one of those suckers!!!

--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html