Re: TI-H: ide hd stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ide hd stuff

>You forget that the spinup current on a typical desktop 80MB hard
>drive can be in the 3+ amp range and operational power usage can be
>over 10 watts (for all you kiddies out there, that means it would EAT
>batteries like candy)...  It's useless unless you were carrying around
>a car battery and it would be totally impractical to use.  Even
>bryan's POS E2 can get 15 operational hours on a 9V batt.

A Caviar 280 WD drive only yses .2A on 5 volts and .4A on 12 volts...  :)
I can handle the high startup power anyway...  :)

>A laptop drive would be the only option here, and even then it's 100%
>pointless except for the "gee wiz I'm cool" factor.

What kind of school did you come from?  At my school if you showed someone
that they would stuff you in a trash can and roll you down the hall...but,
since I'm in the position where no one would dare to do that to me...  :)

Follow-Ups: References: