Re: TI-H: expander idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: expander idea

Jonathan Kaus wrote:
> Similar in function to DLLs and overlays.  You would have to have a
> small delay when you load the overlay or whatever, but if you put the
> things together coreclty, thes delays should be ablt to come and logical
> and non-interruptive places.
>
> the DLL/overlay thing is why i wnat the E2 in the first place.  its so i
> can make 512k byte progs.

This would be easily feasible on the TI-92, where you could take
the Fargo II driver source (ermm.. as soon as I release it) and
write an E2 library. Of course you'd have to be pretty careful
with the stack and memory organization, but I think its possible
with some kind of special shell. If either the ASE or Rascall
source were availible it'd also be somewhat possible on the 86;
indeed, a version of Rascall that lists programs on the E2
as well as the local calculator would be pretty neat too.

Bryan

--
Bryan Rittmeyer
mailto:bryanr@flash.net