Re: TI-H: Another memory expander idea.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

David Norelid wrote:
> >What about a SOUND link (would be >above audible freq.  I'm no expert in
> >electronics, but it sounds feasible.)
> >
> >it would be pretty unstable, i think. especially if someone was usiong
> those pest controller things or dog whistles.>
> >

> FUZZ
> I Don't See Why Not

Back in the early days of TV remote controls (yeah, back when you
actually had to get off your @$$ to change the channel) a few
companies, mostly RCA I think, produced TVs with ultrasonic
remote controls. Only dogs hated them, they were maybe 60%
reliable at best, and didn't work so well in padded rooms,
which is where most of the people on this list belong :)

Then it suddenly dawned on them... hey, lets stop using
$15 transducers and modulate $0.15 IR LEDs...

Bryan

--
Bryan Rittmeyer
mailto:bryanr@flash.net