Re: TI-H: Radio Link revisited

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Radio Link revisited

Not quite, because of a few shortcomings of the port and the transmitter.
One: No error correction... sound can be slightly off... digital data cannot.

Two: Okay, we transmitted the data.  But the port is bidirectional.  You have
to have those pins capable of transmitting and receiving at all times.

I thought about it a while back (In the first age of Mel... hehehe), but I
was shot down by many, including (insert heavenly choir here) the almighty
Mel (stop heavenly choir)
CK

Larry G Currie wrote:

> In the new surplus catalog, there is a device designed to take the sound
> output of the headphone jack of a portable CD player and make it FM so
> that it can be picked up on your car radio.  (I think It's $15-) It seems
> like 1/2 of the link transmitter/reciever.  all we need is a FM decoder
> to have working link hardware =)
> Larry C
> Larry1492@juno.com

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: