Re: TI-H: Another memory expander idea.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

In a message dated 7/17/98 12:07:01 PM EST, sampablo@juno.com writes:

> 	Well, I have another expensive, although relatively practical
>  memory expander idea.  2 words, Click Disks.  Iomega makes or will make
>  them soon, along with their Click Disk Drive.  Each disk holds about 20
>  MB, and the disk is about the size of a quarter.  As for the disk drive,
>  I think that it will fit in a PCMCIA slot.  They will be in devices such
>  as PDAs and digital cameras.
So, I would assume they allow reading AND writing.  That would be really cool,
but, why not use a 3.5" floppy disk???  Much cheaper (betcha could get a drive
for $30).  And, the size is probably good.  This makes me wonder.  Could we
eliminate link cables from the PC to the calc??? (without using some stupid
radio transmitter that costs 10x more than it's worth)  A disk-type thing
would be extremely convenient.  Pass your programs around without linking
up???  One problem I can foresee:  compatibility between all TI-8x calcs
(maybe add the 92).  You'd need some kind of ASM program that could determine
if the files on-disk were right for this calculator (maybe a TI-82 prog would
run on an -86, but probably not an -86 on an -82.)