Re: TI-H: Radio Link revisited

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Radio Link revisited

Larry G Currie wrote:

> In the new surplus catalog, there is a device designed to take the sound
> output of the headphone jack of a portable CD player and make it FM so
> that it can be picked up on your car radio.  (I think It's $15-) It seems
> like 1/2 of the link transmitter/reciever.  all we need is a FM decoder
> to have working link hardware =)
> Larry C
> Larry1492@juno.com

If you haven't already, check out the Ming RF modules that Digikey
sells. 300 MHz, semi-reliable 1200 bps transmissions, about 1-200
foot reliable range, for like $22 for both the transmitter and receiver.
Unfortunately you can't use two pairs for a bi-dir link, but I think
they make a 310MHz version too.

Bryan

--
Bryan Rittmeyer