Re: TI-H: Mommie Wow, we're almost on topic now (Was: Ph34r my 3r337 nu

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Mommie Wow, we're almost on topic now (Was: Ph34r my 3r337 nu hax0red t0y)

Christopher Kalos wrote:

> Oh yeah, and since I'm so damn lazy, can I just clip off the pins that are Xed
> off in your schematics?  The alternative is for me to do more work on the PCB
> in order to accomodate the pins, and I'm lazy... to hell with the MMOD for
> me... I might just order the 1MB chip after all.

Don't cut them off the chips themselves :), but yeah, you can cut
them off the PLCC through-hole socket. Thats what I did in the
PCB design. Why bother drilling and soldering in 32 pins if you
only need 10 or so... I would leave the three in the bottom corner
on just for mechanical stability. Take a look at the PCB picture,
I think I posted one.

--
Bryan Rittmeyer
mailto:bryanr@flash.net