RE: TI-H:PowerPC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H:PowerPC

> >I don't think that there is one URL for the whole thing.  However, the
> >collection of files that you want is at:
> >
> >  ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/redhat-5.1/i386/
>
> What about if I want it on Alpha?  :)

I never knew that Windows 95 ran on an Alpha! :)

> >You'll need to repartition your drive (using fips, in the dosutils
> >directory, if you want to save your Win95), and then copy the
> inst images to
>
> NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Fips will make you sorry if you don't do it
> right.  You have to run scandisk, then defrag, then scandisk in order for
> it to work good.  Then, even doing that, fips can ruin your life...  :)

What's the other option?  Wipe your entire drive out on purpose on the first
try?  That's what'll happen if you use fdisk.  You could shell out $50 for
Partition Magic or Partition-It, or maybe System Commander, or you could
backup your entire computer, reparition, and then reinstall, but fips is the
best option (if you do it right).

Sincerely,

Bruce

--