RE: TI-H: Grant: Lets chagne the subject, shall we?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Grant: Lets chagne the subject, shall we?

> 1)  is it really that simple?  can i jsut use my 36.6K modem connected
> to my gateway and have people come to my server through the normal
> internet?  do i need a deicated line, or rent IP address/domain name or
> something?  etc: anything else i need special?

Yep!  You can even do that with Windows 95.  Or NT, or 3.1, or just about
any other operating system.  Just download a web server program
(http://www.winfiles.com/apps/98/servers-websrv.html).  I use Sambar,
because it's fairly small and fast.  (I use my Windows web server for
testing web pages when I'm developing in Windows, but Linux is used for
serving them up outside, although you could do it from Windows).

> 2) waht speed of modem does yours use?

I use a 56k dialup.  I want to get a 56k dedicated, but that costs mucho
dinero.

> 4) is this stuff hard to do?

Not really.

Sincerely,