Re: TI-H: Power PC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Power PC

Well, no OS these days are crash proof. Errors will always occur. I personaly
(from EXPIRIENCE) have decided that win 95 is at least or less stable than Mac
OS 8.1, which, has not crashed on my computer for over a month!!! And I never
shut down my computer. I only put it into a low power sleep mode. I love my
Mac, and I utterly hate my PC. I haven't used it for over 2 months, and 3
months before that!!! I just don't care for it much.

I realize the Mac OS has been very unstable for quite some time, but it has
improved and I don't notice when it does crash. Also, when it does, I usualy
pull out of it with >G FINDER in the DEBUG box (Command power). I may lose the
work I'm on if I didn't save, but it preserves all the other programs. I can
save them all, and restart, but i rarely do. Over the last month I did that 3
times, and never restarted. Still running fine right now!

I do aggree though that the Mac OS is quite bloated and slow, and needs major
improvement in tose lines. For example, if I'm online, and I'm typing into a
form on an html documaent, the text I type lags because it is spending too
much processing power on the connection. A modern OS could cycle between all
and keep everything runing efficiently. (Mac OS X hopefuly soon!) Even Mac OS
8.5 sounds like one heck od an upgrade. Not realy major in general, but major
individual improvements. I look forward to both upgrades.
--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Follow-Ups: References: