Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

I see.  TheNMOS/CMOS thing had to deal with something is saw in the
Zilog Z80 databooks.  The CMos versions can be single stepped with the
clock.  taht woudlbe a big help with somehhardware investigations.
anyway...
about the port space:  it doesnt matter how much TI built the port space
because the Z80 (if it is indeed the Z80 design, as you said it may not
be:(   ) immediatley puts the IO address used in the OUt otr IN
instruction directly on the lower half of thedirectly on teh address bus
aout of the processor.  this could be checked along witht he IORQ line,
which goes low ehn the IN or OUT instruction sare being processed, and
the n the device could do its stuff.  it puts the IO address on the
lower 8 bits of the address lines, so that is why there is the max 256.
But, without the IORq lin, my methos is finished:(((((((((
I realize it would be hard to do the hardware stuff, but i think
sometimes it would be worth it, even if only for my personla enjoyment.
;) thanks for your help mel.
Jonathan Kaus
kaus@cybrzn.com