Re: TI-H: ti-calc schematics...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-calc schematics...

>>>Yes, you can control the TI link port by accessing port 7. However,
>>>the TI calculators do not have an accurate timebase (they use an RC
>>>pair rather than a crystal) so do not expect any kind of accurate
>>>serial communication. Of course you could probably manage to do
>>>RS-232 by having a loop measure the baud rate of an incoming CHR$(13)
>>>-- I was just reading on article on how to do this on a C52 -- and
>>>then you can send/rec stuff at that baud rate just knowing how long
>>>to wait between bits. There is a pretty decent chance that the
>>>8X won't be able to accurately or consistantly match that baud
>>>rate though, it may be off a few percent. Over about 2.5% timing
>>>error and you'll start to see errors. I recommend using something
>>>like the graphlink if you really must have serial communication.
>>>The E2 will also give you some extra interfacing options (4 I/O
>>>and bi-dir half-duplex serial)
>>
>>Thats why I stated to get a DC to DC converter so the voltage stays the
>>same.  I think ALL ELECTRONICS had one for $3.
>
>Umm, no Grant :).
>
>Temperature can affect both the capacitance and resistance of a
>circuit by as much as 25%.  An accurate 6V source won't be of much
>help.  Plus, a DC-DC converter would introduce some very high
>frequency ringing in the power supply and since we don't know how the
>TI would react, it could even cause random crashes.  Although most of
>it could probably be removed with a low pass filter.
>
>The only/best way to have RS232 is to have an external UART or crystal
>controlled uC.

I was able to make a semi reliable 1200 connection...  : \  workd for me.

---

To Subscribe to the ACplay mailing list, please send a message to
gussie@alaska.net with the subject "SUBSCRIBE ACPLAY"

To get an e-mail every time http://gussie.alaska.net is updated, please
send a message to gussie@alaska.net with the subject "SUBSCRIBE ACNOTIFY".

To talk to me direct, I'm 'weridguy' on AOL IM service.  I don't have an
AOL account, just the IM thing.

Thanks.

Follow-Ups: References: