TI-H: ti linking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: ti linking

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Eric M. Fiterman wrote:

> Does that mean it uses some kind of MUX to transfer data?  Rather
> than a straight serial connection...
>
> I guess that way you keep synchronization with the same clock speeds...

By MUX you mean a multiplexer, right? No, there isn't any need for that in
this situation.

I think what happens (without having looked at the actual ROM routines) is
the program OUTs a byte to port 7. Something (could be hardware or
software) takes that byte and sends it serially. I don't know if the byte
goes MSB or LSB first, but in any case it does go one bit at a time.

The connection is async (no clock signal). A calc will transmit a bit and
wait for an ack (ACKnowledge). If it doesn't arrive within a certain
amount of time, the operation times out and an error is returned to the
user.

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com