Re: TI-H: mp3

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: mp3

Can I please see this magical 486 laptop that can encode an mp3 so easily?  My Pentium
][ desktop takes more time to encode than it takes to play an mp3.  In fact, you show
me ANY low end machine that can come close to realtime encoding of an mp3, and I'll
give you a million dollars.

CK

Joseph M. Geiss wrote:

> yah, its easy to compress it but, damn, its a pain to decompress(play) it on a
> slow computer.
>
> I have an old 486 laptop that i use every so often and it takes like 10min to load
> a damn file.
>
> I read in some artice that MP4 would be 2x of MP3, 500K/min. with the same quality
> as mp3. seems to good to be true... time will tell
>
> joe
>
> Brian Watson wrote:
>
> > >Motion Picture Experts Group 1 Layer 3 encoded audio.

> > Near CD quality audio with great compression!  About 1MB/minute with CD
> > quality!
> >
> > --Brian

Follow-Ups: References: