Re: TI-H: TI-Modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-Modem

You're right. I tried the so-called TI-Modem with my TI-92 and it
occasionally froze. Modems like to have plenty of RS-232 control
lines, and as far as I know the graphlink does not adequately handle
carrier detect, RTS/DTS and all of those other lines. It was not
designed to connect to a modem, remember. I'm considering whipping
up a simple graphlink clone using an AVR and a MAX232 level converter..
it wouldn't be a very hard project and we may even be able to get it
working at 19200 or above. I think TI wanted to keep the bitrate down
to ensure error free operation... but most modems can do better than
9600, and I've seen about 4.8k/sec with the E2 and TI-92.

Bryan

--
Bryan Rittmeyer
mailto:bryanr@flash.net