Re: TI-H: Electronics junk

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Electronics junk

1) a relay is a magnetically controlled switch-current flowing through an
electromagnet activates the switch, causing the switch to be pulled shut. some
allow a current in the opposite direction to close another switch(connects +
to one of two leads).  There are also sealed glass tube relays called a reed
relay.

I hope that description wasn't too cryptic for you- its much like a
transistor, but it has 4 leads instead of three(common ground). Same purpose,
different approach. (And its either off or on-secondary current doesn't
fluctuate with primary current)

2)yes, just make sure the potential difference is 12V (if the positive is +12V
and the negative is -12V, you have a P.D. of 24V.  you can have 12(+) and
0(-), 15(+) and 3(-)
112(+) and 100(-) etc...

<<
 I was looking at some schematics and have 2 questions:
 1. How does a relay work?  I know it's some kind of switch but thats all
 2: IN these schematics, it shows where +12V goes into the system but
 doesn't show where -volts goes.  Should it go where the schematics show
 ground (I think it's ground, It's a inverted pyramid made with horizontal
 lines or a tornado) eg.
 --------
  ------
   ----