Re: TI-H: TI-Modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-Modem

Sorry Grant, but predicting where the signal will refract is
almost impossible unless you're both a trained RF engineer
and experienced meterologist, and even then its just basically
guesswork. I've heard of 49 MHz 5 watt police walkie-talkies
in New York being picked up in Los Angeles... Sounds pretty
incredible but it is theoretically possible.

Grant Stockly wrote:

> But, that won't happen because I've studied radio wave propagation and the
> signal won't get there...
>
> >And through ionospheric refraction I end up hearing some kid in
> >alaska broadcasting some lame CD, overpowering one of our 50,000
> >watt local stations...
> >
> >Grant Stockly wrote:
> >>
> >> Hahahaha Contintental US people!!!!  In alaska, we can have up to 10 watt
> >> unliscensed stations...  Over 10 watts can get a priviate bordcaast
> >> liscense...
> >>
> >> ;)
> >>
> >> The FCC does care if you go over  that in the lower 48...  check out
> >> www.frb.org.

> >>wouldn't.

Follow-Ups: References: