Re: TI-H: Pre-programmed PICs for the IR Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bryan Rittmeyer wrote:

> Not exactly, a resonator is made from ceramic whereas
> a crystal is made from quartz. But it essentially acts
> as a crystal with built in caps, only with a much higher
> tolerance percentage. Most 4 MHz crystals are right on
> the money, but a 4 MHz resonator may be off by a few
> dozen KHz.

I didn't knew that. Thanks for the info.

> Or you can build it on a solderless breadboard...
> Have you considered doing a PCB Layout for the IR link?
> Its a nifty circuit, and I think a lot of people would
> appreciate being able to just drop the parts in and
> solder.

A PCB would be very useful, and it will also reduce
the size of the device. But I don't have all the tools
to make PCB at home and I haven't tried to make the layout.

> I could probably autoroute a PCB for you as
> soon as the E2 is done, if you are interested.

That would be very useful. Thanks.

> I'm going to get out my own PIC programmer and try your
> LITE firmware next week, sounds like a cool project!

Regards,
--
Sami Khawam
a9501901@unet.univie.ac.at