Re: TI-H: PLEASE help me.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: PLEASE help me.

How about my grave yard. A VCR that was dropped so many times that there
are cracks in the plastic but it runs and has never seen a repair shop?
A TV found off the side of the road with major scratches and is assumed
to have been dumped and left, still actualy runs. An electronic
typewriter I droped multiple times off a grain silo with a friend of
mine. I could send a picture of my cleaned up graveyard (like an
electronics mass grave!).

My most famed destruction was the TV I shot with my friend with a BB
gun. We put a good 200 BBs against that CRT before it finaly gave out.
To tell you the truth, a massive static discharge through the cracks was
actualy what did it. I, the human battery was stupid enough to shoot it
point blank and when the BB gun touched the glass, all the electicity
went up the gun and throug my body and out my wet shoes! =)

The discharge must have been a big enough energy loss to finaly let it
fail. I wish I would have got pictures. I have another 19" that runs,
but this time we can't shoot boring soccer players on the screen =) (my
friend and I made it a point to hit the soccer players on the screen,
just to make it interesting). The Screen aparently had a plasic layer
over it and it took probably twice as long as it should have to kill the
TV. I'll make sure to get photos of the second one. We now have a CO2
powered BB gun to use. It should do it in a few shots! We'll just have
to aim for dark areas in the snow, cause the tuner's dead. =)

Also, calc related, I have the first calc I fixed, and can you imagine
the job a 5 year old does! =) It looks, well... Interesting! =)

I have many dead TI's, infact a complete TI graveyard of my own. A
completely STRIPPED TI-85 logic board. No anything except a few
capacitors left.

As for the page, I like the Electronics graveyard, but if you do want
something more creative, well how about "Tech Cemetary, home of both
dead and undead electronic devices", or just "Tech Cemetary" You could
make a Pet Cemetary theme if you wanted to! Have a graphic interface
with the circular pattern of tombstones and each would lead to a device!
A simple list will do for now, but as you get better with HTML, I bet
you could do it. I'm very good with graphics, and will even have my own
unlimited server space (www.richfiles.com) If you want a nice permanent
home for it, I could get you for $15 a month, techcemetary.richfiles.com
or maybe I can pull off even www.techcemetary.com! That would be cool!
Just an idea for the future. Geocities is fine for a site like that.
I've prety well out grown Geocities because I'm getting no where with
their no advertising policy. It sucks! Oh well, wish me luck. It may be
a few months yet, But I will get www.richfiles.com online soon.

I'll help out if you need it!

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmal.com